Barnet Seniors Assembly Spring Assembly 2017
Free public event on the theme “Ageing well in Barnet”
- Wednesday 31st May 2017
- 10.30am – 2.15pm. Registration opens 10am
- Woodhouse College, Woodhouse Road, Finchley, London, N12 9EY
Buses 134 & 221 stop right outside Woodhouse College. No 43 stops nearby in Friern Barnet. It’s a 5 minute walk from Tally Ho Corner bus station.
- Movement to music
- Stalls to browse
- Networking opportunities
- Complementary buffet lunch
All Senior Residents are welcome.
RSVP by Telephone: 020 3778 0151 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th May 2017
Silver Sunday is an annual day of fun and free activities for older people across the UK. It celebrates the value and knowledge they contribute to our communities while combating loneliness and isolation.
On Sunday 2nd October 2016 Barnet Seniors’ Assembly will be hosting an Afternoon Tea Party Drop In Event at Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs NW4 4AX, from 12.30pm until 4.00pm. A complimentary afternoon tea will be available, as well as entertainment, activities and information stalls. The London Borough of Barnet is once again making the Town Hall available.
Silver Sunday 2016 will precede a week of events and activities taking place throughout the borough for all senior residents. Further details of Silver Sunday week events are in Barnet Seniors Insider 8 PDF (September / October 2016) (PDF 1000kB, 8 sides of A4), and at https://www.barnet.gov.uk/citizen-home/adult-social-care/silver-sunday.html.
Over one hundred and fifty mainly senior residents of Barnet attended the Barnet Seniors’ Assembly Spring Event held at Woodhouse College in Finchley on the 13th April 2016. The organisers were a little apprehensive as to numbers this time given the new venue. We shouldn’t have been; people turned up soon after 10am and began chatting to friends, old and new over a cup of tea or coffee. Continue reading “Spring Event Report”
Free Public Event
- Wednesday 13th April 2016
- 10am (Registration) – 2.30pm – Buffet Lunch provided
- Woodhouse College, Woodhouse Road, Finchley, N12 9EY (Buses 134 & 221 stop outside or 5 minute walk from Tally Ho Corner bus station)
Speakers on :
- Scams – For-warned is for-armed
- Patient Matters – Barnet Clinical Commissioning Group
- Altogether Better – Barnet Ageing Well Programme
Plus INFORMATION STALLS – ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITES FOR THE MAINLY OVER 55s
Please book on Email: email@example.com or phone 0203 778 0151
Our first main Seniors Assembly of 2015 (we have two each year) is on the theme “Living in an ageing society”.
- Thursday 28th May 2015
- Registration from 9.45 am, finish at 2.30 pm
- Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, Hendon, NW4 4AX (Nearest Underground – Hendon Central; Buses 143, 183, 326)
- Keynote Speaker: Rabbi Baroness Julia Neuberger DBE
- Free light refreshments and light lunch will be provided
- Information stalls to browse
Rabbi Baroness Julia Neuberger is a social commentator who writes and broadcasts on a variety of social and religious issues.
Come along if you would like to find out more about:
- Changes in care
- Keeping healthy
- New things to do
It will be a day of information including free refreshments and a light lunch. Other speakers include:
- Dr Andrew Howe, Director of Public Health on Keeping Healthy
- Mathew Kendall, London Borough Barnet on new developments in caring
- Cllr. Lisa Rutter, Barnet’s Champion for Older People
- plus presentations on suitable social opportunities and activities available to the over fifties
- plus information and advice stalls.
All senior residents are welcome but are asked to contact Sue on 07975606943 or email the address on the home page if wishing to attend. Entrance free.