The Insider contains news for senior citizens in Barnet. It gives people practical information about local services, support, events, places to go and things to do that could interest and help them to live their lives to the full.
We welcome contributions for publication from individuals and community groups. We also accept advertising in the Insider at rates from £120 for a quarter page. Details are in the magazine itself.
Contents of Insider 12
- Early checks can save lives
- Local GP urges residents to take up offer of bowel cancer screening tests
- Become a Supporter of BSA
- Join in with Barnet Seniors Assembly
- The Club in the Park
- Finchley Victoria Bowling Club
- Healthy Ageing
- Five points will help to keep you fit and independent
- Falls are NOT inevitable
- Falls are NOT an inevitable part of getting older. Here are some simple things you can do to reduce the risk
- Escaping from a fire
- Make an escape plan and practice it regularly
- Carers Week 12 – 18 June 2017
- All of us, whatever we do, have a part to play. Right now there are over 30,000 carers in Barnet, looking after older, seriously ill or disabled family or friends
- Ask Bob
- Are there different types of yoga?
- Getting a Blue Badge
- If you have problems with walking or other health conditions that affect your mobility, you may be able to get a Blue Badge to help you park closer to the places you want to go
- Out and About in Barnet
- Things to do
- And mentions for…
- Barnet Safeguarding Adults Board, Valentine Poole Charity and Dementia Cafés
To read the full text of these articles, download the Insider 12 PDF.
If you would like to become a BSA Supporter and receive an email of the Barnet Seniors Insider when a new issue is published and details of any events, please send us your details via the Contact Us page.