The Insider contains news for senior citizens in Barnet. It gives people practical information about local services, support, events, places to go and things to do that could interest and help them to live their lives to the full.
Contents of Insider 22
- Chase Farm has now reopened as ‘A hospital fit for the future’
- From the look and feel of the new hospital, to the furniture and fixtures contained within, patients have been at the heart of this redevelopment.
- Save the Date
- The next Spring Assembly will be hosted at Woodhouse College on Wednesday 29th May 2019
- Volunteers Needed
- We (Barnet Seniors’ Association) are looking for a Secretary, an Events Co-ordinator and a Circulation Manager (three roles).
- WIN £10 LOVE2SHOP Vouchers
- We’re giving you the chance to win a £10 LOVE2SHOP Gift Voucher, with a wide choice of stores to shop, there is something for everyone. Details on the prize draw page.
- ‘Did you know?’ Useful info!
- Medicine expiry dates, Painkiller best practice, Will Aid 2019
- Falls Clinic at Finchley Memorial Hospital
- Barnet Falls Prevention Service helps to reduce the risk of falling. It is available free to anyone who has a fear of falling, has a history of falls or near misses plus lacks confidence with their balance and walking. This also applies if you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis.
- Looking to the Future — Choices of Health Care in Barnet
- NHS 111 phone support, Walk-in centres, Lloyds Pharmacy healthcare services, GP at hand
- Support Hub — New for 2019
- The Support Hub at the Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead, for people with long term health conditions and their carers. There is more information about the Support Hub on this web site. Also see https://www.royalfreecharity.org/do/support-hub.
- Events and Days Out
- Gardening, eating out, poetry, music and theatre.
- Dementia cafés and clubs
- There are now lots of dementia cafés and clubs in Barnet. A full list of places and times is included.
- Get Out and About in Barnet
- Things to do
- Advertise from £120
- Advertising in Barnet Seniors Insider is welcomed, with priority given to local organisations. Advertising space is limited and contributes towards costs.
- and mentions for…
- The Finchley Charities sheltered housing, and The Fremantle Trust care services.
To read the full text of these articles, download the Insider 22 PDF.