The Insider contains news for senior citizens in Barnet. It gives people practical information about local services, support, events, places to go and things to do that could interest and help them to live their lives to the full.
Contents of Insider 20
- Silver Week 1st – 8th October 2018
- You’re invited to Barnet’s Silver Sunday week of activities, ending with a party. Note that the link www.silversunday.org in the newsletter is wrong: it should have uk on the end like this www.silversunday.org.uk. There is a list of the events during Silver Week on page 5 of the newsletter.
- Volunteer Newsletter Editor needed
- Barnet Seniors’ Association issues this bi-monthly Newsletter which is distributed to 15,000 homes and public buildings across the borough of Barnet. We are looking for a new Editor with some experience.
- The Holistic Health Charity
- The Disability Foundation (TDF) offers complementary therapies to any disabled person or person with a chronic health condition and their carers, at their centre based at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
- Residents Associations in the London borough of Barnet
- Residents associations are organisations formed by groups of people from a specific geographic community who come together to address issues within their local area and act as a voice for their local community. Details of eleven associations are given.
- Dementia cafés and clubs
- There are now lots of dementia cafés and clubs in Barnet. A full list of places and times is included.
- Keeping you safe
- Street crime is often opportunistic, so making yourself less of a target, moving with purpose and being aware of your surroundings will go a long way towards keeping you safe.
- Top tips for unpaid carers
- 9 tips
- A big thank you to Peter Cragg
- A big thank you to Peter who is retiring from the committee of the Barnet Seniors’ Association
- Out and About in Barnet
- Things to do
- Advertise from £120
- Advertising in Barnet Seniors Insider is welcomed, with priority given to local organisations. Advertising space is limited and contributes towards costs.
- and mentions for…
- Constantia Care live-in and respite care service, The Finchley Charities sheltered housing, and The Fremantle Trust care services.
To read the full text of these articles, download the Insider 20 PDF.